Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Cowardly

Oh, that laughter. It's always the same.
It doesn't have to be taught, or learned, or forced.
It's natural. And it's lovely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, how he loves us.
He loves us all.

My dear, my friend,
that means you.
I won't say I'm sorry, though I am,
but rather, I say things in spite of myself.

And I love you with the day, and night,
And because I know it's right.
You just might, you just might
be the light.
Tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know that you have your suspicions. And I'm letting you know now that they are all true. I gave you a lie, and for that I apologize, but I could not see another way out without admitting something that I did not want to. That it's true, I follow your footsteps, and I assume answers and words that remain as half-thoughts. I couldn't say the truth and come out and say that I did something, I said something, that I shouldn't have. That is cowardly, yes, this I know, but I never said that I was brave.

You? You run with lions.
How can I compete with that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

We fell apart, you and I.
But my heart still goes with you.