Tuesday, December 28, 2010

December 29, 2010

And I can't see you, but I know you're around.

Tomorrow is your birthday, Justin. 
And I just wanted you to know that even though we weren't the greatest friends in the whole world, well, we all miss you here. No, more than that. Our hearts ache in your absence.

Sometimes I forget. Sometimes it doesn't feel real.
And then I get a flash of moments, of memories of you.

If we're being honest, I don't think you ever really liked me very much.
In fact, I always got the feeling that I really got on your nerves. Haha. I think you may have hated me just a little bit.

I wish that wasn't the case, but it's okay. It's okay.

I'll remember the smiles you gave to me, the laughter and joy. How you were the one person in marching band that I always, always looked for because I knew you were the best. I'll remember sitting next to you in Algebra II, the only person I knew on that side of the room, until you ditched me to sit by Eric. Haha. And that crazy awesome clock that you drew. And sitting diagonal from you during lunch every day. Gosh, there's so many.

Anyway, happy birthday. Our hearts are with you.

December never felt so wrong. Because you're not where you belong.

1 comment: