Monday, January 10, 2011

Dancing

She means that, I can tell. By her voice, by her eyes, by the way she whispers the syllables.
Her vote means yes. You no longer have a choice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't listen to music anymore.
I think it's because each song is tied to a memory that I want to get away from. I need something new to keep through my head. Maybe that's why I've been reading so much lately. I'm linking now with something new.

You've grown up too fast.
I mean, we're just kids.
And everything that's happening? Yeah, it's real. But this should still be early. New.
I haven't covered everything yet. I've barely scratched the surface.

You say I know you?
I barely know you at all.
It's supposed to be like that. I want to have all the time ahead of us to know you further.

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.