Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's natural.

I guess today was worth it, because my yesterday was overwhelming. I couldn't have asked for a better yesterday.

He was so young, but held years.
His face had been touched graciously by Pain. Pain knew him well.

I don't mind. But I'd rather be here. I'm running out of ways to say. To say.
To stay.
Today.

I'm working on being able to catch a whisper.
To stand still in the midst of movement, and catch that whisper. That glimpse.
And did you see that sunset? How could anything be so loud in silence?
How could anything be better than standing within that moment?

People all over the world are fighting Death for a chance to see that sunset.
And you, you gave it away.
I'm wondering how long it took you to decide it wasn't worth it anymore. How many seconds?

Seconds count.


I don't know how we're still here.
I don't know what to say. To say.
I don't know what you want from me,
or why I'm your only option.
I don't know why that's on me, but I don't mind.
No, I don't mind.

I am the giving tree. That's me.
And I'm happy.


You'd win every time.