Friday, January 21, 2011

a letter to the boy who waits.

I can't escape my thoughts, and they have led me here.

I think it's important to inform you of your precise assumptions, as well as your fatal misconceptions. Because I know that small ideas such as these can grow to define you.

You were right when you negated my inquiry, when you said, "Everyone is worth my time, especially her." Although it does not seem logical, it is the right response. It's as simple as that: She is worth your time.

So don't give up on your heart's desire. Don't accept defeat as long as you still see it as defeat. Don't wait. Be a fierce friend. Make it the only option.

You do understand what's being implied, don't you?
Perhaps not. But you will.

You're on a mountain, friend. Right now you are more concerned with dangling your feet than the taste, the smell, the view that is at your fingertips.

And this is where I find fault:
You think she's the only thing binding you to the planet. She put you there, and she is the only creature that can save your soul. And so you wait, dangling your feet, for a ghost to take your hand.

How selfish of you.

My darling, there is a multitude calling your name. And as such, you've been illuminated. There is a light inside of you. And I fear if you continue to fail to acknowledge it, it may just burn out.

You say that she is the only one that can help you. But there is another.

Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do everything through him that gives me strength."

And so forget about owing it to yourself. You owe it to your God, your Savior that lives within you. You chose to live in the light, to put your God first before anyone and everything else. And you have the influence to show others the light. You have the responsibility to go out and live for the Lord. But yet, here you sit, waiting for a ghost.

And now, Lord, for what do I wait?
My hope is in You.
-Psalm 39:7
I say these things because I love you, and it is crucial that you realize how many people are on your side, right there with you.

And that today has been given to you. How selfish it would be for you to spend one more moment dangling your feet.

Arise.

Your friend,
Emily