Monday, March 28, 2011

100 Facts About Me

This is all the rage on Twitter right now, and instead of infesting everyone's News Feed, I decided to attempt this list here.

Also please note that I did not proofread this.

1. If you haven't noticed, my self-esteem sucks.

2. I am afraid of immense of space, which is why the depth of the ocean or outer space freaks me out. I could never be a scuba diver or astronaut. In fact, last night I had a horrible nightmare about a whale.

3. That being said, it is one of my dreams to see a whale shark. In captivity, not by fate.

4. (mini fact: I'm 17 years old.) I've only ever had two boyfriends in my whole life.

5. I've been single for almost two years.

6. When I'm alone in my car, I sing crazy loud and ridiculous.

7. I really like chocolate ice cream.

8. I grew up Lutheran, which was great. But me, my mom, and my sister (Karlee; @Cricket213) felt like we were missing something. So I started going to a Freewill Baptist church while they attended a Methodist church. We both attend those separate churches regularly.

9. There are different love languages, 1) through words 2) through touch 3) by service 4) gifts 5) if there was a fifth, I don't remember. Anyway, everyone has one. Mine is touch. If I put my hand on your shoulder or something of that nature, it's me showing my affection.

10. However, the way I receive feeling loved is by a combination of different things, but mainly gifts. That's not as arrogant as it sounds. Think of it in terms of someone thinking of you and doing something for you for no particular reason at all besides the fact that you are important to them.


11. My youth group performed a drama to "Everything" by Lifehouse for our church and neighboring church last month. Since I am one of the only senior females in our youth group, I was to be the lead girl. I was extremely nervous about this and had to pray a lot, but overall it was a very good experience. Our performance can be seen here.

12. I love books, but I like buying them more than reading them.

13. Although I have constructed a mighty fine list of books I want to read before I die.

14. I feel like my name shouldn't be Emily. I think it should be something like Sylvia or Lydia.

15. I've worked at Little Caesar's for nearly two years. My favorite pizza is a baby pan (with a little extra sauce) with pineapple, mushroom, and onions on it.

16. I kind of see hallucinations. All of the time. Not entirely, because I visualize them happening and I know they're actually not, but I still see them.

17. One of my pet peeves is when people read my poems/view my pictures and don't comment on them. Because I really like to hear feedback. At least once in awhile.

18. My favorite girl name is currently Remedy.

19. My favorite boy name is currently Shay.

20. I don't listen to the radio, even during the past week and a half when I did not have my iPod. (All of my music got deleted and a friend had to put it back on.)

21. Relient K is my favorite band, but my favorite song is Your Call by Secondhand Serenade, and my favorite album is debatable, though I'm 86% sure it's His Last Walk by blessthefall.

22. I made up that percentage, but it seemed appropriate.

23. My best friend and I talk on the phone with each other every night, usually for about an hour.

24. I am absolutely terrified of aliens. And yes, I think life exists on some other planet, somewhere out there.

25. If you can keep a secret, I'll also tell you about my irrational fear of stickers. Don't make fun.

26. I would give up my dream of being a photographer to instead be happily married.

27. My birthday is May 18, 1993. I am the youngest of two girls. My sister is four years older than me.

28. I am a vegetarian, until July 4, 2011. This is because my friend Jenna wanted to try it, and I decided to join her so she wouldn't be alone. She didn't care to go a full year, so we decided on that date.

29. I have been a vegetarian before, for a whole year when I was a Freshman/Sophomore.

30. This year, I discovered Emily Dickinson. And I'm borderline obsessed now.

31. I write a lot of poetry myself. (I even recently created a Poetry page for this blog.) I'd love to be a poet when I'm older if I could actually make a good career out of it.

32. Recently, I started becoming almost addicted to Mountain Dew. So I stopped drinking it altogether. It's been a few weeks now, and I'm still going strong.

33. I shouldn't post half the things I do, especially since I know they can hurt others. And they're often way, way too personal.

34. I frequently had vivid dreams about Justin for six months following his death. And to be honest, I absolutely hated those dreams.

35. My life is surrounded by me liking people who like someone else. That pretty much sums everything up.

36. I was often made fun of in grade school because I had really long hair. I always wanted to cut it as to end this, but my parents made me keep it long.

37. My parents are still married and even though they wouldn't let me cut my hair, I love them.

38. In my house, the four of us are all addicted to popcorn and iced tea.

39. I actually am fond of Missouri.

40. My favorite movie is MirrorMask, followed closely by Little Women.

41. When Peter Pan (the one with Jeremy Sumpter) came out on video back in 2004, my sister and I watched it every single day for a month straight.

42. I can't see the number 42 without thinking of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. And I still remember the first time I saw that movie, with Jenna.

43. My first for real blog started on MySpace back in 2006.

44. I am terribly shy.

45. It takes me all of five minutes to straighten my hair.

46. I had a car a year and a half before I ever had my license. This is because I first got my car two 1/2 weeks before I turned 16, and I didn't get my license until 17. I failed the first time so bad that I was terrified to take my test again.

47. My car's name is Haven. It's a boy. And despite what some might think, Haven is perfectly capable of being the name of male.

48. Because I said so, that's why.

49. My favorite book is For One More Day by Mitch Albom.

50. It's 10:00 PM. I have a paper due tomorrow morning and I still haven't written half of it.

51. It's over how I think that book banning is wrong, in case you wanted to know.

52. I haven't kissed anyone in a year and a half.

53. The only shoes I ever really wear are Converse.

54. I also write stories. Long, short stories.

55. My bedroom walls serve as a scrapbook from the past five years.

56. I don't know anyone else who has dreams as crazy as mine.

57. I don't like the Beatles,

58. but I want to hold your hand.

59. I've been in band for seven years. I play the clarinet. Except for the last four years (since I was a Freshman) I've played the bass clarinet during concert band.

60. His name is Francis, named by Karlee's friend, Caitlin. Don't tell Clari, but I kind of enjoy him more.

61. I eat Ramen noodles practically every day.

62. I am extremely ticklish.

63. My favorite pet was my dog, Venus. She died about a year and a half ago. Words can't describe how much I loved her, or how much I miss her.

64. We have another dog now. His name is Romeo, and he's the sweetest dog I've ever seen in my life. I do love him with all of my heart. But Venus was my girl.

65. My family did not name either of those dogs.

66. I could live off of cheese pizza rolls. This fact only comes to mind because I'm strongly craving them right now. (A side note: I still haven't worked on that paper yet.)

67. My other favorite book is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I recommend it to anyone and everyone.

68. I get freaked out if I watch movies (or anything, really) in 3D. So I don't. And although I saw Avatar six times in theaters, I did not see it in 3D at all.

69. I analyze people a little too closely. Which is a nice way of saying that I'm a stalker/creeper.

70. When someone's cell phone goes off / a baby cries in a movie / church, it doesn't bug me as much as the people who turn around to stare at that person. Seriously, it's not their fault their lives don't stop.

71. My memory sucks.

72. I say the word "dude" excessively.

73. I cry every single time I sing "Beauty From Pain" by Superchick. I'm not sure why, because that song isn't linked to any tragic event in my life like a few other songs are. But it's beautiful.

74. It really bugs me to start off every (or most) sentence with "I," so I do my best to switch it up a little.

75. Children irritate me.

76. I hate wearing my glasses because my ears are crooked and thus, my glasses sit crookedly on my head. And I feel like everyone notices and thinks of how ridiculous I look. Which directly relates back to #1.

77. My favorite shows are Grey's Anatomy, America's Next Top Model, and Say Yes to the Dress.

78. Speaking of Grey's Anatomy, I can recite Meredith's "Pick Me, Choose Me, Love Me" speech by memory.

79. Jenna and I are going to Europe June 5th, after we graduate. I'm super ultra excited. For reals.

80. My sister is home, so I think I have to relocate.

81. I am not a ginger.

82. Foxes are my favorite animals. Followed by tigers, polar bears, and snakes. I have a weird fascination with snakes.

83. Service dogs make me cry. Just the beauty of the whole thing.

84. I read every single OMG Fact that is posted.

85. I also read 99% of all of the blogs that my friends post. Because I love the fact that teenagers can write out of school and get their thoughts and feelings out that way.

86. Harry Potter fans will always be better than Twilight fans.

87. Although it should be mentioned that I was a Twilight fan long before the movies came out. Jussayin'.

88. I have a real hard time saying no to people. I kind of hate hurting their feelings.

89. I'm currently reading Brave New World and The Catcher in the Rye.

90. I just finished reading The Lord of the Flies.

91. The last movie I watched were: How To Save Your Dragon, To Kill a Mockingbird, and Don't Say a Word.

92. I absolutely hate the fact that I'm graduating, and the thought of everyone leaving, like I know they will, scares me to death.

93. I often feel like if I wasn't here, it wouldn't make any difference.

94. But I have the best friend in the whole world. And whenever I feel like 93, he lets me know otherwise.

95. I also have Jesus, and he's the bee's knees.

96. I have several favorite versus, one of them being Micah 7:7:
But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.

97. I know a lot of non-Christians. My father is one of them. [it breaks my heart.] And if you are reading this and don't know my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, please talk to me. He loves you, as do I.


98. I like [brackets] more than (parenthesis).

99. I really need to write my paper now.

100. I still love you.

Thanks for reading.
I can't believe I really just did that.
[it took me two hours.]