Monday, April 25, 2011

April Showers Photo Hunt

I have, for years, wanted to take a pictures of drops of water dangling off of a flower or leaf. Today, I only had to go to school for a half day. It was pouring down rain (which I hate to drive in!) but I made it home fine and everything. I got into the driveway, turned off the car and was jamming to Misery Business by Paramore while the rain patted on my windshield. Then, I really liked the way the drops looked on the windshield, so I ran into the house.

I found Romeo.
 Then I grabbed Wal-Mart bag, just in case I decided to get a little daring, wrapped up my camera and poked a hole for the lens, and went on a photo hunt.

First stop: Windshield.


Next, waterlogged plants along our sidewalk: 

Please note: I love the lighting in this picture.

Then, I stopped for some close ups of really bright, pink flowers that I preferred to turn purple:


And then, wearing shorts and flip-flops, freezing and soaking, I was able to get the picture that I've always wanted to take:


And you guys, it was all worth it.


1 comment:

  1. Stunning photos. That last one is absolutely amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete