Monday, April 18, 2011

a letter to the boy that ages.

To my best friend,

Today is your birthday, and while you might have awoken this morning feeling like you do any other day, I'm here to say that it's not. Because today is in celebration of you, and you deserve that more than any other person I know. And while you might not think you're important to anyone else, or that nobody else cares about you at all, today I'm stressing to you that all of that is false. You mean something more to me than I could put into words, friend.


I was going to compare our friendships to that seen in movies, because it was the only thing that I could think of, but then I realized that it's not like that at all. Not only because it's real, but because it's just so genuine. You are you, and I am me, and we don't compromise ourselves for each other or try to hide anything. And yes, we may be odd, but we're us, and there doesn't have to be any comparison of our friendship to others, because I doubt there has ever been any two people quite like us.

And I never want you to leave. I never want to get to the point to where we get tired of each other, not that I think we'll ever get to that point because each day is so new and I think we've come to the point to where we rely on each other. Because I know that my day starts off the right way when you text me good morning, and ends on a good note with our late night talks. I can go into a conversation feeling absolutely horrible but by the time we say our farewells, everything feels so right again. I'm not sure how you do it, but I never want this to end.


A true friend is one that will leave an orange soda waiting for you outside of your car whenever you get off of work. =)

I know this is kind of everywhere because I'm writing this for me just as much as I am for you, trying to get everything down. And I know you see today as just one birthday, one day that comes around every year, but I don't. Because I've only really known you for ten months, but I feel like I've known you my whole life. You are my family just as much as my relatives are. And I'm not sure how all of this happened or developed, but I'm sure glad that we are where we are because otherwise, I'm not quite sure who or where I would be.



When I turned 17, I didn't know it was going to be the hardest year of my life. I didn't know that the weird boy named Deacon would become my friend. But you did, and you were there for me at every single point of the past year. Whenever I needed you, you came. And I hope I can be there for you like that in the next year.

People love you, sir. Truly.
And I hate that moments go by that you don't feel that.


September 2010

March 2011

Hey, make this year great.