Sunday, April 3, 2011

"Why'd you come?--Intuition."

As you may or may not be aware, April is National Poetry Month. Which is super exciting if you're someone like me. =)

I'm planning on celebrating this month by reading a combined amount of poetry from my books of Emily Dickinson, Sylvia Plath, Robert Frost, Edgar Allan Poe, and Ralph Waldo Emerson. Among others.

Also, my goal is to write some kind of poetry every day. The first two days I worked on the following:


Ignition
But since that lie exists today,
and jealousy is fair,
I'll do as I want, for otherwise,
the truth is much to bear.

~~~~~~~~~~

The truth? Okay,
let's go from there.
Listen well, and
try to care.
I'm breaking rules now,
everywhere.

Lean a bit closer--if you dare.

I'm moving now
fairly quick,
and this motion often
makes me sick.
Then, I hit
a wall of brick.

The clock--ticks.

Crack a joke, sure,
take a hit.
Do whatever
you see fit.
Though now my soul
is dimly lit.

I'm scared--a little bit.

Slowly, softly,
by my hand.
Touch you--once,
I understand.
Hair through fingers
like fists of sand.

Late night comfort--different land.

All I wanted--
recognition;
Seeking me on
your own volition;
Without words like
"One condition."

Why'd you come?--Intuition.

Running barefoot;
yawning night.
And my eyes see,
with great delight,
you, not far, in my
line of sight.

You are here--I'll be alright.

Because you and I?
We are quite
Two souls the other
could recite.
And we are here;
we, despite
our utmost knowledge
of black and white.
We defend the other;
we pray, we fight,
so that in the early
morning light
we see each other
shining bright.

Our souls--ignite.

1 comment:

  1. I have the unabridged works of Edgar Allen Poe- minus one poem that I ripped out because I found it extraordinarily amazing.

    ReplyDelete