Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My 8th Grade Self & Senior Will

In 8th grade, we filled out papers that we were to get back upon our graduation. Today, I recieved mine, and it amused me greatly, so I thought I would share some of it.

Written May 17, 2007
What do you do for fun?
- Um. I get online, invite Bee or Jenna over, write a poem or something, maybe write a blog or journal entry, eat, read, or sleep. Take pictures of myself.

What is the most important thing you've learned this year?
- If you stick by your friends, they'll stick by you. Don't change for anyone except yourself. Love Jesus no matter what happens.

Describe yourself/your life 10 years from now.
- 10 years from now I do not have children. Trust me, I don't. I might be married, but I'm not too sure about that one. I'll probably just be getting out of college (sp?) and be working on a photography career. I have no idea how to cook. I can totally see myself living in a cozy apartment. Not in the city. Maybe have a cat. A goldfish. Not a dog yet, unless I'm married. Have to have a dog before kids to see if I can support life. I'm hoping I'll have a laptop by then, and tons of books. Actually on bookselfs. I spelled that wrong. Most likely, I will have some new friends. I'll still have stuffed animals. Yes I drive! How else will I get to Walmart--and McDonalds? I'll be a computer nerd. I'm still going to keep a journal. I'm never going to like coffee, so I can't hang out at coffee shops. *sad face* I'll have short hair.

I'm amazed by how much of that still applies!

Now, this is my Senior Will that the Publication Staff (which I am on, by the way) put in the paper. Actually, there was a slight mistake in the paper, but this is the real thing:



I, Emily Gallaher, the great literary genius of Central High School, leave:

To Mrs. Fletcher’s Graphic Arts classes, particularly 6th hour: I leave to you The Box. May it serve you well in your tales of random facts and confessions, and I hope that it brings some unity among all the members of the staff.

To the clarinet section: I hope that you march on and play to your highest ability and show the rest of the band the talent that I know all of you possess. You all make me proud every day, and it was a blessing to be your section leader this year.

To Arledda Cain: I leave behind my tendency to catch things on fire, burst into random song, and have too much fun watching Finding Nemo in Spanish I.

To Jeremiah Childers: the long, nerdy conversations about Harry Potter and Star Wars, hugs in exchange of “good mornings,” and all those funny remarks during band.

To Michaela Hulsey: all of the latest gossip, my quirky nature, and hope for a promising future.

To Sierrah Russell: I pass on the answer to life, the universe, and everything, along with my love of Relient K, Twitter, and awkward poetry.
To Deacon Seals: I leave a multitude of evil glares, Garfield look-alikes, redhead wonders, tea slaves, my awesome hipster lingo, Italian Cheese Bread, the secret passageway into Narnia, and a plethora of unforgettable memories.

To Mikayla Stevens: I leave good times and memories, smiles and laughter, and the strive to make someone else’s day a little bit brighter.

To Stephanie Wade: I wish to you all of the love, friendship, and kindness that one could ever need.

1 comment:

  1. Aw... I love your will. Very poetic and beautiful. <3

    ReplyDelete