Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Cruel Name

The world is cruel,
The world is wicked.
It's I alone whom you can trust in this whole city.
I am your only friend.


You are deformed,
I am deformed,
and you are ugly,
and I am ugly.
and these are crimes
for which the world
shows little pity.

You do not comprehend.
You are my one defender.

Do as I say,
obey,
and stay
in here.


[taken from this song]

~~~~~~~~~~~~

She is insignificant, or so she feels,
and you have made her feel that way.
You have convinced her she is made of monstrosity,
but have taught her to say, "I am grateful."

You have sucked the life out of her, reduced her to stone,
locked her up in a prison and called it a sanctuary.
But you are all she's ever known;
and so she calls you "friend" and apologizes
whenever doubt crosses the morning.

But soon, she will see
how much world would welcome her,
and how it is you who has restrained her existence.

She's not your friend; she is your captive.