Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I am that transparent.

.I miss the days when you knew my name.
.I miss the days when that's all I had.
.I miss the days when it was just me

...and that was enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

You, sir, are beautiful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

And no matter what they tell you,
no matter how things seem,
it will be you and me. You and me.
That is enough for me.
And you know me,
I know you care,
and I know you know it's you and me.
It's you and me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not going to continue and say
exactly what I want to say,
because I'm realizing that people
might actually read this.
And I hate that, because it used to not matter.
I told myself I would never let that matter.
But alas, you might be reading,
so I'll remain silent
for now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not after you, picking up crumbs.
I'm not a scavenger. I'm not a parasite.
My path does not follow yours,
it just crosses it. Often.
It tends to trail behind.
That's not to say I made it that way,
life just has a funny way
of throwing things back into my face.
But you--you are
untouchable; unstoppable;
incomparable.
I've known that. You'd win--hands down--
if this were a competition. It's not.
No, I swear it's not.
You were meant to be there. You refused.
And though I feel a bit resented,
I'm wearing a smile into the day.


I'm trying my best here.