Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Edit Me - Week 16

My Reflection of Something


I haven't done many Edit Me's in awhile, but I really liked the picture this week so I thought I'd give it a go! I did a quick edit, nothing too fancy. It probably took me 15 minutes tops. I used Picasa and Picnik, as usual. 

Here's the original:


a lovely picture without editing, of course.
I messed with the shadows first and made it a bit darker, then took it to Picnik, where I added a sepia tone, adjusted the exposure and contrast after that, add the Orton-ish (or whatever it's called) effect, then added a soft vignette.

The final product:


my biggest concern was not allowing the dress to blur in with the background.
Happy editing!

--Emily

Oh, and a little Death Cab for Cutie, because this song has been stuck in my head for the past 48 hours.

And I think this video is pretty cool.

6 comments:

  1. Nice job with your edit. I like the rich colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so deep and rich! Great job! I'm glad you participated!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. deb already nailed this . . . rich. it is and it is lovely for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the contrast is so good in this edit

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see you back this week!! :) This is a lovely edit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this!! picnic is a fav of mine!

    ReplyDelete