Wednesday, August 24, 2011

For Only You

I believe the things you say
and you say them well--you portray
a vast amount. And tenderness
dwells within you, dwells with this
desperation for overcoming me
and you--you--the assembly--
with proof and utter confidence
that rides along with deep defense
against suggestion of otherwise
but I--I believed those dying eyes.
Every moment, though unfair,
I believed the words because I care.
And greatness proved not merely great,
but overwhelming, if not fate.
Was it fate? that you and I
could stand there watching all pass by
and dear, feel doubt--the dreadful day
did we happen to throw it all away
based on a thought--an uncivil note
of love to you--that you may devote
less than forethought previously?
Now you--you hold the skeleton key
and by such, choice. Are you just
fed by fear, or love, or lust?
Are we friends--yes, by Love;
this I shall always be certain of.
That is enough, for you, for me,
and from now on, we both will see
with our eyes forward, hand in hand,
and with each other, we rise, we stand
upon truth and trust and Love and we
will live just how we knew we'd be.















~~~~~~~~~~~~

A side note: 

In the awesome and extraordinary event that anyone reading this is a die-hard Harry Potter fan like I am, I strongly urge you to watch this video:




It literally brought me to tears.

Much love,
Emily

PS. It should also be noted that the song in the video reminded me of the song "Okay I Believe You, But My Tommy Gun Don't" by Brand New, which sort of led to the poem.

I need to go to bed now.

1 comment: