Thursday, October 20, 2011

Catching Up

I know I haven't posted in awhile, or much this month at all, but I promise it's not because I don't want to. =) I just haven't had a whole lot to say lately, and in the meantime I finally finished reading Flowers for Algernon, which turned out to be a fantastic book. I'm not sure how it slipped through the curriculum at my high school, but somehow it did. Well, that's one more book to cross off my "Books I Want to Read Before I Die" list.

By the way, I've never posted that list on here, have I? Hmm. I'll have to put that on my "To-Do" list.
(which, by the way, also holds writing a Bucket List. Ironic, right?)

I'm so thankful. You know what? My life is blessed. And I've started taking a step back throughout the day and just thanking God for all of it. He is so, so, so good.

Jenna 15

My best and longest friend ever has been home from college for a week now, and I don't want to ever give her back. I want to keep her tucked away for safe keeping. College says otherwise.

Also, we finally started on our poetry unity in my Inro to Lit class, which I was suuuuuper excited for, but now I'm not sure if I am. Don't get me wrong, I love poetry. And I love reading poetry. But I'm bad about not enjoying something if it's required of me. So I hope it doesn't spoil anything for me.

I think up next on my reading list will be Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar. I might go do that now.
First, a little poem that I scribbled down yesterday:

Decisions should be weighed upon
and pondered with a heart
That balances faith with logic and
sets the world apart.
Influence is a mighty tool,
but overcoming this
may lead to strength, and with success,
the truth is hard to miss.

--Emily

1 comment: