Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Exhaustion

I am so overwhelmed by work, school, and all of life at this point. And to be honest, it really sucks.
I miss afternoons to myself.
I miss time to read and write.
And think.
You know, just sit and think.
I miss being able to sleep in
and not having to stay up until 2:30 AM for some alone time.
I miss going to the movies
and having friends to take along.
I miss spending hours making mix CDs for Jenna.
And playing outside. And laying on the floor.
And home-cooked meals.
And getting an A in a class without effort,
because that's the kind of student I was.
I miss long baths with soap and bubbles.
And playing with my dog, Romeo.
I miss going out on Tuesdays with Branson,
and having time to take pictures.
I miss editing them, too.

Today I realized that there will never again be a time in my life that I am not required to work.
And it's all so exhausting.

In the midst of this, I started writing a Bucket List today.

--Emily

2 comments:

  1. Emily, you are looking in the right direction. The second most important thing in life is to recieve an income doing whatever you love. I believe that is the difference between a job and a career. The only thing more important is what happens after this life (meaning, being right with God). Go find a career, my friend. You will be absolutely miserable with only a job. You are too special for a job; God designed you for more! Pastor Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you too! I wish you didn't have to grow up, but the truth is that eventually you will figure things out, find your new normal, and the good parts of being an adult will kick in :) I love you, and am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete