Saturday, October 1, 2011

Oh, Kitty

Well, I've wanted a cat my entire life, but my dad has been allergic to them his entire life. So we've never been able to get a cat, even though we live in an area of town where a lot of stray dogs and cats end up. So there have been several of them lurking around here over the years, but eventually we get rid of them all, finding a home or taking them to a shelter.

So when a cat started hanging around below are deck a week ago, I figured it would be the same routine. But then a few days later, my dad came home with a bag of cat food.

I think all four of us have become quite attached to the cat, especially my older sister. He's pretty young and absolutely loves attention. He has to stay outside because of my dad's allergy, but he sleeps on our porch swing and I think he's getting used to it. I don't know if we'll end up keeping him forever, but we are for now. At least until we find someone who wants him.

IMG_2203

My mother insists on calling him Tiger, because she asked her kids at school to write down names and drew from a hat and Tiger was the big winner. Karlee and I aren't really fond of that name, so we'll see how that goes.

--Emily

PS: I got a promotion at work and am now a supervisor. I get to lead my own shift on Tuesday. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Cats are the best. It's nice to have one enriching your life with their feline-ness. Congrats on your promotion, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet kitty! Congratulations on your promotion!!

    ReplyDelete