Thursday, November 17, 2011

Blue or Green?

I had a really weird and slightly freaky dream this morning.

It started with me having to clean playground equipment as some kind of punishment. No big deal.

Then suddenly, me and everyone I knew were in this unknown place. It kind of looked like an open field or parking lot. And something was holding us completely still. We weren't able to move at all until someone came to you and have you sign your name on a list.

Afterwards, they told you to go a certain direction.
There, you had to take a test. This would determine whether or not you got into heaven.

Before that, you had to fill out all of these information forms. Those took me awhile because I had forgotten a lot of my personal information, like my social security card, and I wasn't prepared and didn't have the right paperwork with me.

And so, I finally got to the part of taking the test and pretty much everyone else had already gone their separate ways.

I glanced through the papers that determined their destinations. Blue meant heaven. Green meant not.
Some of my closest friends, friends I would thought would have made it, had green.

The guy behind the counter finally found the test I was to take.
 He was pretty nice. Young. He told me he died in 1971.

I started the test. The first 39 questions were multiple choice. Question 40 was an essay question about the type of grass in Missouri. It included an example of an essay in it, written by my friend Jenna. I started freaking out because I didn't know there were different types of grass. I had no idea what any of it meant.

The nice guy behind the counter made a comment about having to know this to get into heaven.
I just remember saying, "You're wrong. It's by faith."

I don't know what happened after that.

My class is starting, gotta go.

--Emily