Monday, November 14, 2011

Major Excitement!

I just got the call saying I was accepted to Hannibal-LaGrange University! Woohoo!

Actually, it was funny, because I was reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, then I fell asleep for an hour. Deacon and I were supposed to hang out this afternoon so upon my waking I searched for my phone, which decided to be mysteriously missing.

I went out to my car (which is up and running now, thanks to Dad) and found it, then saw I had a voicemail from HLGU saying to call them back. I called back and talked to the nice man who works for their Admission Office...I forget his name, but he's a really nice guy...and he told me I was accepted!

Right there, sleepy-eyed in my pajamas, in my car with wind and darkness surrounding me.
It was so incredible.

Also, as you might have noticed, I finished The Bell Jar last night. Overall, it was alright. I'd probably give it three stars out of five. For the past couple of weeks I've been debating on what to read afterwards, and for some reason the third Harry Potter book kept sticking out. I meant to re-read the entire series two summers ago, but only got through the second before school started back up.

And so, I'm going to slowly integrate them within my reading schedule. I just started last night and I'm already on Chapter Four, page 56.
Which is really good. For me. I'm a terribly slow reader.

Have a great week!

--Emily

1 comment:

  1. When will you be going away to school? We love hannibal so may have to come visit some time ;)

    ReplyDelete