Saturday, January 28, 2012

Curly Hair.

We forget all too soon the things we thought we could never forget. We forget the loves and the betrayals alike; forget what we whispered and what we screamed, forget who we were. I have already lost touch with a couple of people I used to be.
-- "On Keeping a Notebook" by Joan Didion
The above is something I just read in my Creative Nonfiction textbook that stuck out to me. I think I can relate to it a lot.

I have a horrible memory, and it's really one of my biggest flaws.

Also, recently, I've had the hardest time writing like I used to, and I really miss it. I really miss it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

And I feel prettier,
I feel who I am,
I feel the best
with curly hair.
I will not conform,
I will not compromise
being comfortable
with being accepted.

I will wear my hair
with curls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe I turned out happier
than who I might have been.
Maybe it's best to leave the rest
with all the words in my past.
Maybe we are better off.

I say we,
I mean me.
Who are you,
anyway?
Why would I
offer up
words and thoughts
free of charge?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day Twenty-four. The word is...

sumptuous
[suhmp-choo-uh' s]
adjective.
luxuriously fine or large; lavish; splendid

Found: I don't actually remember, but it was while reading last night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day Twenty-Five. A milestone.
Sort of. The word is....

voluptuous
[vuh-luhp-choo-uh' s]
adjective.
full of, characterized by, or ministering to indulgence in luxury, pleasure, and sensuous enjoyment

Found: mentioned by Deacon and in my American Literature textbook.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day Twenty-six.
Moving right along. The word is...

mundane
[muhn-deyn]
adjective.
of or pertaining to the world, universe, or earth
-or-
common; ordinary

Found: while reading around on Blogger

~~~~~~~~~~~~

--Emily