Saturday, January 7, 2012

An Eye Witness

I witnessed faith in someone's eye
that wasn't known. A passerby
that happened to be on his way
to see if one day, I would try.

I witnessed love among the friends
that knew we had to make amends.
I look to them when in distress
and through the mess, a hand extends.

I've witnessed many countless lies
and with each one, my spirit dies,
but I know that beauty lives today.
I pray you'll see it through your eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, day six. I really didn't have a word for today,
so I searched some online articles and this word stuck out...

fraudulent
[fraw-juh-luh'nt]
adjective.
characterized by, involving, or proceeding from fraud; cheating; dishonest

Found: while reading this article.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not the best poem, I know,
but I tried. I haven't been in rhythm lately. Eh.

--Emily