Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hairless and Waylay

Well, today, Deacon decided that he really wanted to shave his head. And today, I decided that it was okay.

We've been discussing and arguing over this for about two months now. He came to me in November and asked me if it was alright with me if he shaved his head at the start of December. I talked him out of that (meeting family, etc) and suggested January instead. As January approached, however, I started to get more and more afraid.

The main thing I find attractive on a person is their hair. It's what I look for first. And Deacon has particularly good hair. At the same time, I felt completely wrong telling him he could not do this. I mean, the length of my hair was decided for me without my consent for 15 years of my life. I know how frustrating that is, and I know how much he wanted to give this a try. So I agreed.

It doesn't look bad. I don't have a picture yet, but I'm even already starting to get used to it. I prefer his hair, but he's the same either way.

I do, however, have a picture of us right before I had to go to work today, just a few hours before the shave:

Photobucket

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day Four. The word today is...

waylay
[wey-ley, wey-ley]
verb.
to intercept or attack from ambush, as in order to rob, seize, or slay.

Found: While reading the first chapter of Proverbs tonight with Deacon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

--Emily