Monday, January 2, 2012

So this is the new year.

and I don't feel any different.

Day One.

I had three goals for this new year:

  1. Give up Mountain Dew. Again. (Hey, I did pretty good for a long time last year.)
  2. Read my Bible every day. (I should have done this years ago.) 
  3. Learn a new word every day for a year. (This is on my Bucket List and is also in order to improve my less than proficient vocabulary.)
Now, these words will not be in alphabetical order, and they don't have to be words I've never heard of before. I could be familiar with them but want to look them up and find out for sure what the meaning is and use it appropriately.

So, I know it's after midnight, but that's only because I had to work 3 to close today and we were really busy. It still counts as day one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today's word is....

sepulcher.
[sep-uhl-ker]
noun.
a burial vault, tomb, or grave.

Found: in Edgar Allan Poe's poem, "Annabell Lee."

alternate spelling: sepulchre


~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, that was fun.
I must be getting to bed now. I have a hot date tomorrow afternoon.

Happy times in 2012!

--Emily


So everybody put your best suit or dress on
Let's make believe that we are wealthy for just this once
Lighting firecrackers off on the front lawn
As thirty dialogs bleed into one

I wish the world was flat like the old days
Then i could travel just by folding a map
No more airplanes, or speed trains, or freeways
There'd be no distance that could hold us back.