Tuesday, February 14, 2012

V-Day and etc.

This will be a little lengthy post. I think I have a lot to say. Catch up, bad poetry, the works. Thus, my main points shall be with bullets.
  • Deacon and I went to see The Vow on Saturday afternoon. Report: it was pretty good, but not as happy as I thought it would be. I would explain further, but I know some of you haven't yet seen it and I don't want to give anything away! It also would have been a lot better if we had not been sitting directly behind a Channing Tatum preteen fanclub that kept screaming out comments in the middle of silent scenes.
  • Today (technically, yesterday) is my sister Karlee's birthday. She is twenty-three. Congratulations, big sister!
  • Today (technically, today) is Valentine's day. I have the best valentine. I write him really cheesy poems because I am his first valentine and want him to experience the cheesiness of the holiday. I will share some of these later.
  • It is snowing and I am drinking hot chocolate.
  • My first class is cancelled for tomorrow, but I still have to go to my second, which happens to be my least favorite class. Sometimes life isn't fair.
  • Deacon cannot fathom that Channing Tatum's real name is, in fact, Channing Tatum.
  • For my sister's birthday, we had the four of us + Deacon over, sat down at the dinner table and ate steak, and then played Trivial Pursuit. Karlee and Dad teamed up and beat Deacon and I, but it was a pretty close game. It was a great night. =)
  • Bad poetry time!
~~~~~~~~~~~~

(sent to Deacon about an hour ago, written completely on the spot):

Love of mine, love of mine,
whilst thou be my Valentine?
Oh what joys and grace of thine
and paradise within heaven divine,
if thou should be my Valentine.

-(he says yes)-

Be still my soul, he doth agree!
Despair and grief, depart from me!
For he, this day, says he will be
the companion of his dear Emily!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

(and this was written yesterday (technically, Sunday) before church started):

And I remember being there--
how is it words could be so silent
          but still say so much?
You took my hand--foreign, then--
          and with the other, navigated through the night.
And I remember having weight upon me--
pressure forcing in from all directions
as though I was wasted aluminum
          aimed at a trashcan.
But you unraveled my foiled heart
          with your foreign hand.
And you were always there,
and there, you will remain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's all for now! I must get back to my homework, since it's still due tomorrow. Sigh.

--Emily