Monday, April 30, 2012

Loose Ends

Here are some more of my poetry from April that never really fit into a post.

I'm so sorry, by the way, about the extreme lack of posts by me. The end of this semester is crazy, and will continue to be crazy for the next few weeks.

On the bright side though, I finished reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire last night (for the second time). I am now going on to Atonement, which is on my list. =) I'm super excited.

Anyway, here are some loose ends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Those who care about
their ancestry are selfish,
but those who do not
are more selfish.

--4.21.12

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A bird watching a busy road
knows your schedule. Your path,
but not your destination--
never your heart's desire.

And I prefer not to fly
but watch you pass me by.
Oh, what power you have in your hands
that you may drive away

and not look back, lest you turn
to a pillar of salt. Or worse--
I fear now that I'm not there--
I am just a flash.

--4.22.12

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fresh lead--snapped.
My pencil refused
to hold my aggression.

--4.23.12

~~~~~~~~~~~~

He left me wounded--
my sores are exposed--
the elements surrounding me,
my kids still dependent on me.

She gave up on life and on me;
my children could not come with me.
Their mother's a cheat--
her husband a drink--

And now I'm alone, but not free.

--4.23.12

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I might leave, but then return
by choice or unwillingly,
but now I rest at your fingertips,
so rejoice in what is left of me.

--4.27.12

~~~~~~~~~~~~

--Emily