Saturday, May 26, 2012

Accent & Etc.

My friend Katy at Sanguine Eyes posted this accent video yesterday and I really liked the idea, so I decided to take a stab at it, because I knew I'd be home alone tonight. 


The only problem was that I didn't know if I had a camera with video shooting options that I'd be able to use. I tried using my laptop's webcam but I couldn't get the audio to work (any ideas why?) so I whipped out my Canon and tried to figure out how to use the video option on that. I knew it had it, but I had never been able to figure it out before and never tried too hard to research it.


Anyway, after fiddling around with it, I figured it out and put my tripod to good use. Please excuse how horribly awkward I am--it's been years since I've done a video.


Also, the jingling you hear is my dog, Romeo.


Here's the words and questions:
  • Your name 
  • Where you’re from.
  • Pronounce the following words: Aunt, Roof, Route, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Pajamas, Caught, Naturally, Aluminium, GIF,  Crackerjack, Doorknob, Envelope.
  • What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
  • What is a bubbly carbonated drink called?
  • What do you call gym shoes?
  • What do you call your grandparents?
  • What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
  • What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
  • Choose a book and read a passage from it.
  • Do you think you have an accent?

It was fun, I guess. And I'm glad I figured out how to use the video on my camera.

In other news, we caught a raccoon on our deck last night:

Photobucket

I know, I know--he's adorable. No worries, though. He has been relocated to a new, safe home.

Also, I saw The Avengers today with my sister. It's...alright. We also went shopping and I--shockingly--bought a dress. I actually bought a girly, colorful dress. I'd show you pictures now, but I'm thinking photo shoot next week...? We'll see.

I would also like to say that my boyfriend Deacon is at the Grand Canyon right now with three other boys from my church and if you could pray for their safety, it'd be much appreciated. I miss him like crazy and I just hope they come home safely.

Now time to get back to The Emperor's New Groove!!

--Emily

2 comments:

  1. I think your accent sounds pretty normal. It's probably the Missouri thing!

    And I totally understand the "sody" thing. My dad insists on calling coke "sody watter."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, your accent sounds fairly normal, but maybe it's just harder to pick up since we live in the same part of the country. Listen to how you said grandpa in this video, though. That southern twang peeked out a bit, haha.

    ReplyDelete