Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Edit Me--Week 22

Time for another Edit Me Challenge! Whoo.

Photobucket
Original photo

The picture this week was lovely. I really liked the composition and feel of this old barn, so I tried to keep my edit simple and as close to the original beauty as possible. I first tried an edit in Picasa, but was unsatisfied with the colors (and then deleted it, so I'm sorry you won't get to see), so I decided to try the editing program on Google+. I like editing here because you can apply some edits to only selected areas, which was exactly what I was looking for.

My goal was to keep the sky and clouds present while still making the barn vivid. To do this, I started off with the "Boost" option and only applied it to the barn and flowers. After that, I did "Tint" and chose the Darken option, I believe, to give it a little warmer color. After a few more adjustments and adding a little of "Soften" to just the sky and flowers, this was my 2nd edit.

Photobucket
my 2nd edit
And I was fine with this edit up until a few minutes ago. I had this post published and linked, but then I decided to go to another website like Picnik that I had never tried before...PicMonkey. I uploaded the original photo to play around with just to get a feel for the site, and I ended up really liking the edit, so I decided to enter it instead of my 2nd Edit, haha.

To be honest, I don't remember a lot of what I did. I know I started off by upping the contrast and sharpening the image a bit, and then went down the list of effects and applied the ones I liked, and at the very end I added a little texture.

So here is my 3rd and final edit:

Photobucket
my 3rd edit

I hope everyone has  a great last half of the week. =)
Edit Me

--Emily

10 comments:

  1. Way to experiment! I think you definately improved on the color and texture of the barn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, clean edit! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, very natural and common, but eye catcher and beautiful! Love your edit! Just right!

    -Taylor Drew's Life and Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love picmonkey! Glad you found it! I really like your edit. I'm thinking about the story behind the barn now, which is exactly what a photo should do! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your edit.. I love the feel and tones you created.. Very beautifully done.. Officially your newest happy follower here.. Stopping in via Edit Me Challenge.. :)) I'm Marilyn via http://www.theartsygirlconnection.com .. Excited to keep indulging around here.. Wishing you a perfect evening.. xo~

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so soft looking your editing, well done!!

    My contribution:
    http://www.starone.dk/b4/?page_id=783

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad I'm not the only one who keeps re-doing edits! Love your final result because it's so realistic, clean, and love the true color tones. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the 3rd edit - you really seem to have given the image a lift and some body that wasn't there in the 2nd edit. Great work

    ReplyDelete