Monday, July 2, 2012

A small walk with my puppy.



I took Mr. Romeo on a walk a few days ago. In case you haven't been up-to-date on the weather here in Missouri--it is hot. I mean ridiculously, record-breaking, 100+ degrees every single day hot.

So, this walk was very short lived. Romeo, the poor thing, got extremely tired about four minutes in. My parents insist on keeping his hair long because they like it better...but really, he needs it cut for this heat.




I know I haven't blogged as much this summer as last summer, and to be honest I'm really down about that. I also haven't read as much, though I am slowly trudging through The Hobbit. I feel like nothing is happening and I haven't accomplished much. In all reality, I'm doing much more this summer than last--finishing up my Associate's Degree, working, and trying to spend as much time with friends and family as possible before I leave in August.

August. It pretty much hit me today.
I'm leaving next month.
And I feel so terribly unprepared.

I know I basically keep saying all of this in every blog post, but it becomes scarier with every passing day. And I know it will be here before I know it.

I'm going to miss simple days like this, home alone with nothing to do but go on a small walk with Romeo and my camera.

I'm going to miss being home.



--Emily