Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Another Edit Me!

Edit Me
I was so excited to see an Edit Me this week! It's been so long.

I really tried to do a simple, dreamy edit and focus on the colors. I wanted to highlight their natural beauty and not make it look too fake. My "simple" edit ended up being a little more extensive than I had hoped, but I think I led to a good outcome. =) Here are the steps.

Photobucket
Before

Took it to PicMonkey.

--Cropped
--Cloned purple-ish tub thing out

I then decided to focus on the color of the sky, so:
--Curves-->"Blue-Yellow" at 35% color override and 65% Fade
--Cross Process Red at 70% Fade

Then wanted to focus on the color of the shore, (I didn't like the dark, bluish color) so:
--Tint-->light beige color, applied to all except the sky, 40% Fade

I still was unsatisfied with the color of the water, so:
--Tint-->very blue, applied to water, 70% Fade

Now for the added effects to give a soft, magical feel:
--Orton-->100% Bloom, Brightness down a bit, 85% Fade
--Dark Edges-->100% Size, 0% Intensity, 70% Fade
--Exposure and Contrast kicked down just a little
--still not quite satisfied, I went back to Curves--> "Daguerreotype Shiro" 0% color override, 75% Fade

And there you have it!

Photobucket
After

--Emily

7 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job! I love how you warmed it up and brought out the most beautiful colors.

    and I love that you cloned out "purplei-sh tube thing" HA! It was actually a blow up pool soem kiddos were playing in. Very nice attention to detail!
    Thanks so much for linking up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job. I love sand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dreamy feeling you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your edit brought out beautiful, subtle detail. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an awesome job! Surely try doing the steps :)

    ReplyDelete