Wednesday, October 17, 2012

a letter to the boy three hours away.

Photobucket

I used to think about these days and both shudder and smile. I yearned for a new experience, time to myself, the freedom of empty evenings, but I dreaded not being by your side.

Photobucket

Honestly, I never realized how awful the distance would be until I got here. I never thought that the empty evenings, new people, and the freedom to focus on writing, or sleep the hours away, or focus on my studies, could be meaningless without you here. That without you here, there is an everlasting sensation of a piece of me missing somewhere, like I accidentally left without it.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

We've spent the last two years almost exclusively with the other, basically becoming one person. Our personalities even shifted--I became more like you, and I think you became more like me. I know that we'll make this, and being here has taught me even more solemnly how much God has blessed me to be able to know you. You are such an extraordinary gift.

Photobucket

I honestly can't wait to see you again this weekend. It has been two weeks since our last meeting, which I know isn't too terribly long, but I hate being away from you. The people here are nice, sure, but they don't understand me like you do--none of them are my best friend. You are.

PhotobucketI love you. I miss you.
I'll see you soon.

--Emily