Thursday, January 10, 2013

In memory of my dear kitty friend Honey.

IMG_8183-22

IMG_8184-23
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A quick update:
Well, I'm back. At school. Two days down. Many more still to come.

It feels about the same, I think. Except this semester, my classes seem just a bit more demanding. I'm already struggling to keep up with all the reading assignments. And I'm trying to finish Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but I know it's hard to put down once you pick it up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

IMG_8194-26

IMG_8198-27

A few days before I left, we noticed that Honey was missing. I knew she'd come back, though; Kevin often wanders off for a few days before turning up again. I had hoped she would come back by Sunday so I could see her before I left, but she didn't.

On Monday I got a call from my mum saying that she had been killed by a car a few days prior.

IMG_8211-28

IMG_8214-29

And I really don't know what else to say or how to say it.
But I get a lump in my throat every time I see her picture in my room and I think I might have to take it down.

--Emily