Saturday, January 12, 2013

Our annual New Year's Eve party that we had on the eve of New Year's Eve.

We're twelve days into 2013. That's almost two weeks, and I've already had a lot of ups and downs.

But overall, I remain hopeful. Because I have people I love. I have Christ.
I have so much to be thankful for.

And I need to keep that in the front of my mind. I need to take it in like oxygen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some pictures from my church's New Year's Eve party:

IMG_8270-5
IMG_8272-7
IMG_8273-8
IMG_8276-11
IMG_8279-13
IMG_8284-16
IMG_8293-21
IMG_8295-22
IMG_8301-26
IMG_8303-27
IMG_8314-30
IMG_8330-36
IMG_8339-41
IMG_8350-46
IMG_8351-47
IMG_8355-48
IMG_8363-54

Isn't Deacon adorable? 
Why yes, yes he is. =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finished Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children today. It was...alright. I think I would have liked it more if I would have read it in middle school. I felt like it took a long time for something to actually happen in the book, but then too much happened in the last half. It could have been better written. The photographs, though. They were really cool.

I watched Shutter Island for the first time last night and felt the same way. It was alright, but not what I had expected. I'm not sure if I liked it. I don't think I did.

BUTOHMYGOODNESSIHAVETOTELLYOU.
My school played Bingo tonight and I won. twice. And since I won twice, I had to put my box of popcorn back, but in turn I got a $25 Amazon gift card. =) I've already spent it on The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath and Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. I've been wanting them for some time, and I finally got the funds to order them. Praise the Lord!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

My blog posts have altered a lot over the past two years, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I feel less creative than I used to be. I try to sit down and write, but nothing comes out. I think this is partly a good thing, because I'm at a comfortable place in my life. And comfortable is boring to write about. I'm in love. And it's wonderful, but it's not something I can write about. 

I'm happy.
But happy doesn't make it easy to write.

But I think that's okay. I mean, no matter where you are in your life, you can feel passionate about something. You can write. The small things in life are the interesting ones, and too often do they get overlooked.

I suppose that's enough rambling for one night.
So long.

--Emily