Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Dawn of 2013

IMG_8089-2

Christmas was wonderful this year and I was surprised to receive both Photoshop Elements 11 and Lightroom 4, both of which have been on my wishlist for a long time. I don't quite have the hang of them yet, but I know that I like them. I like them a lot.

I also finally have an iPhone. It really was time. My previous phone failed me and my backup was going south, but I had no idea I would get one for Christmas. It was absolutely spectacular.

School starts back up a week from today. It's bittersweet, really. But inevitable.

So, it's 2013 now. It snuck up on me. I made no resolutions. Not in the normal way, I guess. I do wish to better myself and make improvements and meet personal goals this coming year, but not just because it's a new year. If the start of a new year is the only reasoning behind a decision to make changes to one's life, it will never be enough.

Here are a few pictures of the cats (Kevin and Honey) I've edited so far, along with the photo at the top. I'll have to start taking more pictures again so that I can play around and catch on more quickly.

IMG_8121

IMG_8048-Edit-2

--Emily

P.S. Sorry I haven't been posting too much recently. A lot has been happening, but not really anything to post about, and I haven't had time to sit down and write poetry or stories or anything. I did finish Perks of Being a Wallflower, though, and liked it in a peculiar way. More on that later, I think.