Tuesday, March 26, 2013

On Equal Marriage.

Here's where I stand.

I'm a Christian.
I also support equal marriage.

I believe that marriage was invented by God and that he envisioned it to be a man and a woman.
but I don't believe it is right to take away someone's rights just because their beliefs are different from your own. Everyone should be given the same opportunities; everyone should be treated equally. Has the country learned nothing from the Civil Rights Movement?

Besides, if you're a Christian, is your goal really to keep the world free from homosexuality, or is it to witness to lost souls? How are you showing God's love to someone if you take away their free will?

I don't agree with homosexuality. I also don't agree with drinking and premarital sex, but somehow one is much more prevalent in today's society. My point is that you cannot force anyone to live the way that you want them to. You can only love them, teach them, guide them, and live as an example for them.

My wish is to keep this post short and to-the-point, so I'm going to end it there.
I love you all and want you to know that it's fine if you disagree with me and it's fine if you want to discuss it with me further in private, but I am not interested in arguing.

--Emily