Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Summer Reading List // 2013

I've never made a summer reading list before, but I feel like it will help me stay motivated. I made a goal to read 40 books this year and I'm ahead of schedule right now (13 completed, though a few weren't actually books, but short stories or dramas...) and don't want to fall behind.

By the way, have you guys heard of a website called GoodReads? I discovered it this year and am in love.

List for the rest of Spring:

  • finish One Day by David Nicholls 
    • 80% through already! Hopefully I can finish this during Easter Break.
  • The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath. 
    • Okay, I'm on page 87...but only 11% through. This one might take a bit of time, and I don't expect to be finished with it by the end of spring.
  • I Am Legend by Richard Matheson
  • Life of Pi by Yann Martel

Summer 2013 List:
  • Slumber by Samantha Young
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling
  • Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
  • The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
  • Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg
  • The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
  • The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
  • Charlotte's Web by E. B. White
  • Emma by Jane Austen
  • The Pearl by John Steinbeck
  • The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
  • The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom
    • I still need to buy this one.
  • Bambi, a Life in the Woods by Felix Salten
  • Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult
Saving until Fall 2013:
  • The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J. R. R. Tolkien
Saving until Winter 2013:
  • The Call of the Wild by Jack London
  • White Fang by Jack London
  • Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
  • The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis