Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Touch

I just woke up from a dream where I had a pet baby elephant. He was small, the size of a puppy or so. I'm not even sure if you could call him a pet. He was my best friend. And somehow, we could communicate to each other. I think we taught each other our languages or something. I'm also not sure if he was native to Earth.

His name, translated in English, was "Touch."

In some parts of the dream, he was a polar bear.
In others, I'm pretty sure he could shape-shift into a boy, though I never saw his face, only his back.

We discovered our neighbors ran a circus. They had a lion, leopard, ocelot, serval, etc. that were being abused. The authorities came to shut their circus down and take their animals away, but before they did they came to our house to ask a few questions. When they learned about Touch, they wanted to take him away, too. But somehow he overheard them say this and ran away.

I think we owned a Mexican restaurant, and the men that helped us run it tried their best to convince the police that Touch wasn't the same as the animals from the circus, but they wouldn't listen. They were going to wait until he came back.

Cue wake-up.

--Emily
currently listening to: All Of This by The Naked & Famous