Friday, April 5, 2013

When Technology Fails, I Ramble.

It's Friday night and even though it seems I have a lot to do (my "To Do List" board is absolutely covered), it is Friday and nothing is due tomorrow. Which makes it really hard to work on anything related to school.

I was going to post the senior photos of Jayde that I took awhile back and I even went through and picked out my top ten favorites, but I cannot get them to upload. So, that will be saved for another time. Now I'm just going to ramble and stuff.

So......... I finished reading One Day by David Nicholls. Four stars. I'm still a bit emotionally attached to it right now and probably shouldn't say any kind of review lest I give away the ending, so I'll just say it was ...worth reading. Definitely worth reading.

I've moved on down my list to I Am Legend by Richard Matheson. I'm 22 pages in (btw, if you keep up with my updates on Goodreads, it lists the book as only having 161 pages, when in fact my copy has 312 pages, but I can't seem to find the right edition on the site) and so far it is absolutely nothing like the book. Seriously. It's like, vampire galore. Not zombies. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a dog. And it's 1976. 

However, the book is one of the major inspirations for the zombie apocalypse genre, and according to Wikipedia the vampires in the book resemble more like how we picture zombies than the traditional vampire, but I'm not seeing that. These are bloodthirsty, light-fearing, garlic-hating, steak-in-my-heart vampires.

I'm only 22 pages in, though, so we'll see how everything develops.

Anyway, I've taken a break and have turned my attention to watching old episodes of Lizzie McGuire on Youtube. Not sure where this impulse came from, but it's been forever. And why isn't that show on Netflix? Seriously. 

Since I'm covering all my bases here, I want all of you to watch this video. I found it today on a blog I follow called Sincerely, Kinsey. She is the girl in the video. There are no words in it, but I feel that it says a lot, and it is so beautiful.

On a less beautiful but still equally exciting note, they're coming out with a remake of Carrie soon and the trailer looks amazing. Have you guys read the book? Seen the old movie? It seems like I reference "Carrie-pigs-blood-at-the-prom" all the time and nobody ever gets it. Well, maybe now they will. Thank you, Hollywood.



P.S. Did you know that Carrie was Stephen King's first novel? Yeah.

Have a lovely weekend.

--Emily

currently listening to: Chemicals React by Aly & AJ