Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Jenna is turning 20.

A poem of our friendship in 10 words:
If I don't remember,
then I know that you do.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Things you may not have known about Jenna / our friendship:
  • I don't remember how we met, but we were around 9 or 10 and became friends because we sat next to each other on the bus.
  • When we were younger, we had a special tree in the woods behind her house that we named Payden.
  • At least, I think that was its name.
  • When I spend the night, we always bake brownies and play ping-pong.
  • One time, we wrote a fictional interview about how we became famous ping-pong players. It included a smallpox pandemic, Jenna losing a leg to a shark, Greenland, hungry elephants, and me losing an arm to a tiger. In the end we verse each other, Jenna wins, Jenna dies, and I have a heart attack while giving a speech at her funeral.
  • She is one of my favorite people to photograph.

Jenna 18
Jenna 21
Jenna 30
Jenna 14
 photo IMG_4940-1.jpg
  • When we were younger, I wrote a three-part story (consisting of 95,704 words) called Almost Forever. The main character was based on her.
  • On more than one occasion, we have convinced someone that we were twins.
  • She taught me how to do this:
  • In middle school, we went as Ketchup and Mustard to a Halloween dance and won a prize.
  • We were on the newspaper/yearbook staff in middle school and co-editors of the yearbook for two years in high school.
  • We give weird nicknames to people.
  • In middle school, we tried to make up our own sort of language. All I remember is that our names were Yilme and Annej. 
  • We bought sunglasses in Paris.
  • She let me practice French-braiding on her for years.
  • One time we skipped school to go to a Paramore/Relient K concert in Illinois. And we met Ethan Luck.
  • We took American Sign Language classes together.
  • I'm 99% sure each of us have peed our pants while at the other's house.
  • We were obnoxious teenagers.
  • And did weird things...like sit in random bathtubs.
  • And we were so, so awkward.
  • Ten years of friendship has changed us a lot. But we're still Emily and Jenna, Jenna and Emily, and we have so many more years ahead of us.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

A short playlist of songs that remind me of Jenna:


~~~~~~~~~~~~

And this one:


~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy birthday, lady.
--Emily

1 comment:

  1. Awe, this is extremely sweet. She's lucky to have such a great friend like you. :D

    ReplyDelete