If I don't remember,~~~~~~~~~~~~
then I know that you do.
Things you may not have known about Jenna / our friendship:
- I don't remember how we met, but we were around 9 or 10 and became friends because we sat next to each other on the bus.
- When we were younger, we had a special tree in the woods behind her house that we named Payden.
- At least, I think that was its name.
- When I spend the night, we always bake brownies and play ping-pong.
- One time, we wrote a fictional interview about how we became famous ping-pong players. It included a smallpox pandemic, Jenna losing a leg to a shark, Greenland, hungry elephants, and me losing an arm to a tiger. In the end we verse each other, Jenna wins, Jenna dies, and I have a heart attack while giving a speech at her funeral.
- She is one of my favorite people to photograph.
- When we were younger, I wrote a three-part story (consisting of 95,704 words) called Almost Forever. The main character was based on her.
- On more than one occasion, we have convinced someone that we were twins.
- She taught me how to do this:
- In middle school, we went as Ketchup and Mustard to a Halloween dance and won a prize.
- We were on the newspaper/yearbook staff in middle school and co-editors of the yearbook for two years in high school.
- We give weird nicknames to people.
- In middle school, we tried to make up our own sort of language. All I remember is that our names were Yilme and Annej.
- We bought sunglasses in Paris.
- She let me practice French-braiding on her for years.
- One time we skipped school to go to a Paramore/Relient K concert in Illinois. And we met Ethan Luck.
- We took American Sign Language classes together.
- I'm 99% sure each of us have peed our pants while at the other's house.
- We were obnoxious teenagers.
- And did weird things...like sit in random bathtubs.
- And we were so, so awkward.
- Ten years of friendship has changed us a lot. But we're still Emily and Jenna, Jenna and Emily, and we have so many more years ahead of us.
A short playlist of songs that remind me of Jenna:
And this one:
Happy birthday, lady.