Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Random List of Randomness


Like, So Random I Don't Even Know and I'm The One Who Wrote It list.

IMG_0763-3
  • I love the expression "across the pond."
  • I want to create a list of songs that frequently get stuck in my head, but it seems like too much work.
  • I also like the expressions "until the cows come home," "safe as houses," and anything with the word "boonies."
  • I commonly have dreams from a boy's perspective, but was always hesitant to tell anyone lest they think I was odd, until Deacon told me a dream he had a few months ago where he was a female Chinese Olympian.
  • We're soul mates, you guys.
  • I'm literally in my pajama pants about 80% of the time.
  • So, I might be addicted to Grey's Anatomy.
    • I stopped watching for like two years after the finale of season 7.
    • And now I'm halfway through season 9.
    • But people keep dying and I'm too emotionally invested and I can't handle it.
    • Life, you know? Life.
  • I applied for a part-time job this week. 
    • No word yet, but I wrote my first real resume.
    • Which is a pretty big accomplishment in itself.
    • I have trouble being an adult.
  • This song right now. You guys.
  • You guys, you guys, you guys.
  • You guys.
  • What if I lost a hand?
  • I mean, have you ever thought about that?
  • I think I'm really an 80-year-old man. Or partial-man.
  • Hyphens.
  • Or maybe I'm just from 1933.
  • I'm reading The Book Thief again, by the way.
  • Or at least I was. It's been put on hold indefinitely.
    • Gotta work on Frankenstein and The Turn of the Screw first, for classes.
  • This song was stuck in my head yesterday. Truth.
    • just the middle part where it's like "Mister...Blue...Sky...."
    • that happens a lot to me, where just a little tiny part of a song gets stuck in my head
    • and repeats over and over
    • like the part that says "It's not all right" in Eyes by The Naked & Famous
    • I just tried to look up the lyrics to make sure that's really what it says, but the site was blocked. So I'm worried my school just blocked me because I had the word "naked" in my search.
    • That would be so awkward.
  • Anyway.
  • Now we're getting somewhere.
  • I need to stop skipping lunch for naps.
  • I need to start my "learn a new word every day" thing again.
  • Phrases pop into my head a lot, often for no particular reason, which is how I start a lot of my poems.
    • Like, If I could do more.
    • How does that qualify?
    • I'm sick of the past, but I'm living there.
    • I missed you. 
      • but, really. Does that mean "I once longed for you while you were away," or, "You were within reach but I didn't (couldn't?) catch you." Or are they quite the same?
    • I missed you. 
    • You are missing from me.
  • Dreamt. The only English word that ends with "mt."
  • Try and find another one. Dare you.
  • My words and thoughts regurgitate.
  • I'm wearing skinny jeans. Except I'm shaped like pear, not like skinny.
  • The quote at the top has been running through my head a lot this week.
  • Should I do more book reviews on here? I think I should.
  • I would ask for thoughts, but you guys never comment, and I hate reminding myself that someone might be reading this. 
  • You guys you guys you guys.
  • I don't understand this song by Paramore. I mean, are they trying to be a Southern Gospel group now? It starts off all jazzy, and then turns into something weird. 
  • I. don't. understand.
  • I still remember the first time I saw this.
  • Changed my life.
  • Not the fake-school-drama part, but the Hayley Williams part.
  • Do you guys have 50 videos open in YouTube now?
  • you guys you guys you guys.
  • Well, tough.
  • I'm ending this now. 
  • Really, though.
  • Lovies.
--Emily
currently listening to: Part II by Paramore

1 comment: