Tuesday, September 17, 2013

my fleeting life and my fleeting September.

I want to travel;
I want to keep track of time,
and also let it escape.

I want to draw and paint
feelings that words
are not adequate for.

I want to write
everything, all at once.
I want my soul splattered on the page.

Above all, I want to give thanks
and give praise
and live ferociously.

IMG_1458-6
~~~~~~~~~~~~

September has slipped away again. I'm thankful. Of all the dreadful months, it might be the worst, for several reasons. The rain, I think, is a big part of it. What it brings. Part of the difference between the rain in September and April, for one, is that April's is footstep into warmth. September is all that seems to stand between summer and cold.

That used to be fine with me, but not so much anymore.

The school year is picking up. I'm realizing that this is my last year as an undergrad. I am getting tossed into adulthood, like it or not.

I don't know why it comes as a surprise. Everything before this point has been preparing me for this, right?

--Emily
currently listening to: Make a Move by Icon For Hire