Wednesday, October 30, 2013

My Upcoming Absence

Tomorrow is Halloween, also known as NaNoWriMo Eve.
Meaning that today is NaNoWriMo Adam?

I have decided that during this time, not only to concentrate on my novel but for other personal reasons, I am going to avoid using Twitter and Facebook. It won't be permanent and I'm not saying I'll be 100% absent, but I will definitely be less present.

I've spent too much time mindlessly wandering through social media for no purpose at all.
I need to do something worthwhile.

I need to take a step back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

That said, I will try to continue blogging, and I have added a handy-dandy widget on the sidebar so you guys can keep up with my word count.

I just need to get away from everyone and everything, really. So I'm going to immerse myself in my novel instead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Before I go, a few notes about my novel:

  • I've been creating a new language to use within the novel, and it's actually pretty fun. 
  • The story is kind of inspired by Tangled, The Village, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and the idea of a snow queen after seeing the pictures from Disney's Frozen.
  • It does not include a snow queen. The idea just sparked other ideas.
  • It is based in a different world.
  • I haven't decided 100% on all names yet, but the main characters are called Eraelyn and Mylan.
  • It includes mythological and imaginary creatures and monsters.
  • Eraelyn's name means "into the light" or "towards the sun."
That's all for now. More to come later.


--Emily
currently listening to: Hey Now by Augustana