Meaning that today is NaNoWriMo Adam?
I have decided that during this time, not only to concentrate on my novel but for other personal reasons, I am going to avoid using Twitter and Facebook. It won't be permanent and I'm not saying I'll be 100% absent, but I will definitely be less present.
I've spent too much time mindlessly wandering through social media for no purpose at all.
I need to do something worthwhile.
I need to take a step back.
That said, I will try to continue blogging, and I have added a handy-dandy widget on the sidebar so you guys can keep up with my word count.
I just need to get away from everyone and everything, really. So I'm going to immerse myself in my novel instead.
Before I go, a few notes about my novel:
- I've been creating a new language to use within the novel, and it's actually pretty fun.
- The story is kind of inspired by Tangled, The Village, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and the idea of a snow queen after seeing the pictures from Disney's Frozen.
- It does not include a snow queen. The idea just sparked other ideas.
- It is based in a different world.
- I haven't decided 100% on all names yet, but the main characters are called Eraelyn and Mylan.
- It includes mythological and imaginary creatures and monsters.
- Eraelyn's name means "into the light" or "towards the sun."
That's all for now. More to come later.
currently listening to: Hey Now by Augustana