Wednesday, December 25, 2013

a letter to the man who asked me to marry him.


To Deacon,

Last night, you asked me to be your wife.
And I said, "Yes!" wholeheartedly. =)

We've been planning our upcoming marriage for quite some time and you have been planning to propose on Christmas Eve for at least a year now. I had a feeling that it was coming, but it was still magical. I drove you home after you helped me wrap my presents last night, then you took me inside, lit up the Christmas tree, and knelt down next to it, just you and me.

I will never forget it.


We sat down and enjoyed the moment together, alone in the middle of the night, for awhile before telling anyone. We prayed together and hugged and whispered and just took in the moment.

I want you to know how unbelievably blessed I am to have you in my life and to be able to spend the rest of my life with you. Our love story is beautiful, but we've been through a lot to get to where we are now. And you were there for me through all of it. I love you so much and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for us.


I get to marry my best friend. I get to see our love blossom and grow throughout the years.

You make me so incredibly happy, sir. I'm so excited for our marriage!


Love you,
Emily

(all photos were taken by my sister Karlee the day before the proposal)

1 comment:

  1. This is so incredibly sweet. I'm so happy for you, Emilith. You two are so perfect together.

    ReplyDelete