Monday, December 30, 2013

The year is coming to an end.


The year is coming to an end and I've realized that I have several pictures that I still need to post. With Christmas, my engagement, working, and spending time with family, I haven't had a lot of time to devote to pictures and blogging recently.

I did want to share these few photos because they were taken with my new camera lens, which I am super excited about. I've wanted that lens for years now. =) Hopefully this means that you'll be able to see more of my photography on here in the future.

These past few months have seemed extremely busy and I still seem to have so much more to do before I go back to school next week.

I would like to say that this year was filled with accomplishments...I wrote 50,000 words in a month. I excelled in all of my classes. I agreed to marry the man of my dreams. And it has been a good year. But there are things that I would have liked to go further with. I need to finish my novel. I did not complete my goal of reading 40 books this year. I wrote far less poetry than I would have liked to and was not consistent with writing in my journal or posting on my blog.

Still, I'm happy with 2013. I'm very happy with 2013.
And my little failures only make me more motivated for next year.

--Emily

Oh! Also, my friend Dylan published an ebook on Amazon called Disenchanted: A Story of Love Lost. It's pretty short and pretty inexpensive, so if you're interested, you can find it here.