Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Two Exciting Announcements

FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS:
You've probably heard, but in case you haven't:

I have been accepted into the graduate program at Missouri S&T for Technical Communication.

I read the email from the department chair during dinner today, and I literally stood up in my chair as soon as I read the word "Congratulations." Such a wonderful, wonderful word.

I still have lots of things to do...like take the GRE, apply for a GTA position, etc., but the fact that I am officially accepted takes so much stress off of me. I can see the end of the tunnel. My plans are in motion. Things are going to be okay.

~~~

SECOND ORDER OF BUSINESS:
I did not know that this was going to be released today, but the TFIOS fanbase is amazing and it took no time at all for this to go viral on Facebook and Twitter. Much to my appreciation, because I just can't stop watching it.

I present to you, ladies and gentlemen, the first trailer for The Fault in Our Stars:


I love how the trailer seems to be crafted specifically towards fans that read the book. Love, love, love. I wish it was coming out Valentine's day weekend so I could drag Deacon along to see it. And have him hold a box of tissues for me. And carry me out of the theater when I'm too emotionally unstable to stand on my own feet.

And with that, I shall leave all of you lovely people and get back to studying.

--Emily