Friday, April 11, 2014

Photography // My Story

IMG_1836 Snake 2

My Story:
I've been in love with photography ever since I got my first "camera" in middle school, but I would have gotten nowhere without Branson, my past youth leader and dear family friend. She took me under her wing and let me practice with her own camera. We had "Tuesdays With Branson" and would go to various locations every week to see what kind of photos we could get. I didn't know then just how much of an impact it would have on me.

In high school, I became editor of the yearbook and took many of the photos. I learned different techniques for capturing a photo. Later, I began teaching myself how to edit them, using free programs like Picasa and Picnik. Gradually, I started developing a style that I was comfortable with.

I now capture my photos with my Canon EOS T1i and use Adobe Lightroom 4 editing software. I am not professionally trained and have never taken any classes, but I have still learned so much since I began. And I continue to learn more with each photo that I take.

I've tried creating my own photography brand in the past, but I never felt comfortable with it. I'm not interested in creating my own business. However, with the constant grow of people seeking my service and asking for what kind of prices I offer, I've decided to create a photography page.

--Emily