Tuesday, April 22, 2014

What if this storm ends? And leaves us nothing except a memory. A Distant Echo.


I haven't spoken to you in years.

I really don't feel like I have the right to write anything because of that. There are so many people who knew you and loved you, so many who knew you more than I did.

But at one time, we were friends.
I remember you coming over to my house to watch The Butterfly Effect, going to see all those bands at 6 Flags with Dylan, loaning you Snow Patrol's A Hundred Million Suns CD.
The memories are dim and far back, but they're there.

Things faded after high school. I occasionally saw you when I worked at Little Caesars, but that was about it. I knew how you liked your pizza and that you preferred your drink with no ice.

It's sad that that's the conclusion of our friendship.

I'm not sure if you are the same person now.
I like to think you are. But the truth is I don't know.
I doubt I'll ever know now.


I'll miss you, either way.

--Emily

1 comment:

  1. This was sweet. I considered doing a little something and gathering up all the pictures we took in Chicago on the band trip, but the words just aren't really seeming to come to my head.

    ReplyDelete