Wednesday, May 14, 2014

a letter to the man who holds a thousand days.

IMG_3005

To Deacon,

--I did not write you a letter on your birthday this year like I've done every year since 2011. This was partly because I actually got to spend the day with you this year, since it fell on Easter Break. I was going to write one that night, but I didn't. I didn't know what to say.

--A few days later, I realized that we will have almost been together three years by our wedding date. And that's when I wondered when our 1000 day mark was. I did some calculation and I found out that it fell on today. May 14th, 2014. So I decided to wait and do your letter today.

--(Also, I can't get this song out of my head because of it. I know days and years are two separate things, but I guess since we've made it this far, a thousand years is our next goal.)

--I hope you don't mind and I hope you know I did not forget about you. I could never forget about you.

--(Sidenote: I actually did write you a letter on your birthday, but I gave it to you instead of making it a blog post.)

--So, you're 20 now. For exactly a month, we are both 20. And in 4 days, I'll be a cougar again. =)
This, I do not mind. Because you are much more mature than me; you know much more than me, you are the one who can fix anything. You're the one that takes care of me, not the other way around.

--You've been taking care of me since I was 17. Since then, I think my soul has molded to yours.
I wouldn't be who I am without you helping me, fixing me. Going on long car rides while we listened to music and you held my hand. Stopping by McDonalds late the night before I graduated college because you know it was my Friday tradition. And you sat there beside me, in the least romantic of dining areas, and listened to every word I said, understood every word I said. No one else would have understood everything I was feeling at the moment, but you did.

You made that square table behind the trashcans the most romantic and comfortable place in the world.

--You and I have not gotten the chance to talk to each other much in recent weeks due to the raging realm of finals. I hate it. But you come home tonight and we get married exactly two months from Sunday. We will never have to be apart for so long again.

--Even so, I find joy in the little moments we're able to share with each other, like when you call me all excited because you saw a baby bunny on campus. You are the sweetest person I know; you have such a pure, wonderful heart. You make me take notice of all the little joys around me, too.

--I'm so excited to see you tonight. We have a l...

You just called me and stopped mid-sentence to tell me about a bunny you saw. You said, and I quote, "This bunny looks a little older. An aged hare."

I love you so much.

--And now, a few photos from the past few months:
IMG_1682-14
IMG_3029
IMG_4144
IMG_4699
IMG_5421

Thank you for always, always being there for me.

Love you and see you soon,
Emily