Sunday, May 11, 2014

in that I am too short.

I had a meeting with alterations today for my wedding dress.
This was because I wanted to get the train bustled.

Now, I had not tried on the dress since we had ordered it, but I knew it was quite long on me. So I brought the tallest heels I own, because I wanted to avoid getting it hemmed. Because the hemming costs like $140 or something ridiculous, and I'd rather wear tall and uncomfortable shoes for a fraction of that cost.

Except my shoes were still not tall enough. Because for some reason that God has yet to reveal to me, I am short. Which wouldn't be a big deal, except look at the rest of my family.


They tried putting me in a poofier (I'm making that a word because it's almost my birthday and I do what I want) slip, but to no avail. The two very nice women in alterations wanted to put me in another poofy slip, but they were all out in the store. So we had to order one, which won't come in until June 9th. And I can't have any work done on my dress until we know what the hem is going to be like.

So we left the store with my dress having undergone no work at all. I had to reschedule my appointment for the end of June.
My wedding is July 18th.

I'm not mad, though. Everyone in the store was very friendly and helpful. I'm just frustrated. Mostly at my younger self for not stretching and taking vitamins.

On a lighter note, I just found this photo of me and Deacon from our mess of engagement photos and I have no idea what I'm doing but I laugh every time I look at it:

I might have been trying to dance, which is never a good idea.

By the way, I graduated. I have a few photos for sometime later. That is all.
--Emily
currently listening to: Goodbye by Secondhand Serenade