Friday, August 29, 2014

Tyler & Amanda // Wedding, Part 1

When Amanda first asked me to be her wedding photographer, I nearly said no. In fact, I might have initially said no. This was because I always told myself that I would never shoot a wedding until I was more experienced. Weddings, you know, are kind of a big deal. The kind of pictures that everyone will look at, and look back at. The kind your children will see time and time again.

It's a bit intimidating.

But Amanda convinced me that the only way I would get the experience I was waiting for is not by waiting, but doing. And if you recall, I was able to take their engagement photos, so they already had seen my work and new what to expect.

I couldn't have asked for two better people to be the subject of my first wedding shoot. They were so patient, understanding, and kind to me, even through the rush and stress of wedding day. It was hard work, but I had a great time, and I'm so glad I was able to have this opportunity.

So here's some photos of the preparation for the day, which were some of my favorites.

(P.S. I would subtitle this post The Wedding in which the Bride Did Everyone's Makeup.)

IMG_5997
IMG_5857
IMG_5847
IMG_5860
IMG_5872
IMG_5880
IMG_5876
IMG_5893
IMG_5927
IMG_5936
IMG_5946
IMG_5948
IMG_5962
IMG_5966
IMG_5984
IMG_6055
IMG_6038
IMG_6007
IMG_6013
IMG_6018
IMG_6030
IMG_6048
IMG_6062

Meanwhile, with the guys...
IMG_5921
IMG_5924

~~~

Many more to come!

And I broke down and got a Yahoo account so I can continue using my Flickr account, but these photos did not retain their quality when I uploaded like they normally do, so I'm about done with the site. Any suggestions of an alternative photo dumping ground? I've tried Photobucket, but had the same problem with the quality reduction.

--Emily
currently listening to: Fidelity by Regina Spektor