Thursday, October 23, 2014

NaNoWriMo 2014 // First Excerpt

I've been trying to get my plot outlined, since is a little over a week away. Yesterday, I kept thinking about how the story would begin. And this excerpt kept repeating over and over in my head on my walk between my car and my classes:


I killed him first.
Six months and that’s the thought that I keep going back to. It’s what shakes me awake in the morning. Before the invasion, before the genocide, before anyone knew about the infection, I killed him.
I lie still, trying not to think about it, but I can feel it on my hands. I remember exactly how soft his hair was in my palms. I know exactly the sound his skull made as it cracked against the wall. I can rub my hands against my thighs until they become red and raw, but the memory will never go away. I’ll always be the one that killed him first.


--Emily
currently listening to: Dear Maria, Count Me In by All Time Low

2 comments:

  1. Whew. Sounds heavy but interesting. I'd read more! Good luck with the upcoming NaNoWriMo. I'm still undecided about participating, but if I did maybe we could be writing buddies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to be your writing buddy. =) I hope you decide to participate, but no pressure!

      Delete